Because bath time isn’t baby exclusive
As a kid, bath time meant play time. It was an hour ordeal that required a massive heap of bubbles and a snorkeling mask. Yes, you read that last part right. I used to pretend the shallow bottom of my bathtub was a coral reef, and would search for “treasures” until my fingers were pruney and the water was lukewarm.
Now that I’m an adult, bath time means de-stress time. The snorkeling mask has been replaced with a glass of wine, but the bubbles are still a must! Here’s how I’ve adult-ified my bath time:
Mumm Napa Brut Rosé ($24): Why not pair bubbles with more bubbles? This elegant rosé sparkling wine boasts a coral pink shade and a gorgeous nose of citrus, black cherries, and raspberries.
2013 Columbia Crest Merlot ($12): This sexy-smooth Merlot has notes of dark cherries and chocolate, perfect for an indulgent night-in.
2014 La Crema Sonoma Coast Chardonnay ($19): There’s such comfort in this perfectly-balanced Chardonnay. On the nose, you get whiffs of Meyer lemon, pear, and shortbread, and spice and apple on the palate.
2014 Concannon Vineyard Petite Sirah ($20): This is a fruit-forward Petite Sirah with flavors of blueberry, blackberry, and spice creating richness you’ll want to soak in forever.
- Archipelago Milk Bubble Bath No. 29 with soy, oat, and rice proteins ($20): This bubble bath is the equivalent of soaking in a bowl of porridge with a generous amount of sweet, warm milk – decadent, divine, and a childhood dream of mine come true.
- Lush ‘Sex Bomb’ Bath Bomb ($7.95): The name of this bath bomb may just seem to be a good marketing strategy, but it does mean serious sexy time. It not only turns your bath water a bright shade of magenta, but is packed with powerful aphrodisiacs like jasmine, ylang ylang, and clary sage.
- No. 7 Silky Leg Oil ($9.99): This unscented leg oil is the perfect finish to an evening bath, especially if you’re going out on the town; it leaves your legs smooth and moisturized with a glossy appearance that will make you look and feel like a supermodel.
- Laura Mercier Crème Brûlée Honey Bath ($45): This indulgent shower cream is inspired by the aromas of a French Patisserie and leaves skin so incredibly smooth.
- Moroccan Oil Body Soufflé ($56): I love moisturizing post-bath and this light body lotion has the signature Moroccan Oil scent I’m obsessed with.
- Lush ‘Yoga Bomb’ ($7.95): The earthiness of this bath bomb instantly transports me to a far-away forest and puts my mind at ease.
- Dr. Teal’s Epsom Salt Soaking Solution ($4.89): Perhaps the best part of Dr. Teal’s is that the inexpensive soak comes in a large, heavy bag, meaning you can dump as much salt in the bath as you want without feeling guilty. I like the lavender-scented one because it’s an immediate de-stressor.
- Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub in Brazilian Nut ($7.69): I love a good sugar scrub and this one smells yummy enough to spread on toast and eat! It’s a great exfoliator and the sexy scent lingers.
- LAFCO ‘Marine: Bathroom’ Candle ($60): I love lighting a candle during bath time; it transforms even my small apartment bathroom into a spa-like space. The LAFCO Home Collection pairs scents to each of the spaces in your home – the foyer, living room, boudoir, patio…the list goes on, and their bathroom candle puts off a gorgeous, light fragrance reminiscent of ocean air.
- “Technicolour Beat” by Oh Wonder
- “Missing You” by Betty Who
- “re:stacks” by Bon Iver
- “Naked As We Came” by Iron & Wine
- “Acquainted” by The Weeknd
- “Blue” by Fjord
- “I Don’t Have Time To Be In Love” by Priscilla Ahn
- “Soap” by Melanie Martinez
- “Come Away With Me” by Nora Jones
- “When We’re Fire” (Cello Version) by Lo-Fang
- “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac
- “Name” by The Goo Goo Dolls
- “Young and Beautiful” by Lana Del Rey
- “Ashes and Wine” by A Fine Frenzy
- “One” by Ed Sheeran