You know those women who open their purses to what appears to be one big, noisy mess of makeup products? That woman is me. Weeks into the first month in the new year, I’m finally taking action and de-cluttering my purse. Buh-bye pesky gum wrappers and worn down tubes of lipstick! I’m making way for the products I utilize most. While I often rely on those tried-and-true beauty products I discovered years ago, I added a few more favorites to my makeup bag this past year that have changed my everyday beauty game. Fingers crossed I can keep my vow to a mess-free, essentials-only makeup bag this year!
- Too Faced ‘Better Than Sex’ Mascara: Although the name raises a few eyebrows, the volumizing results of this mascara are worth each second of awkwardness. I love that it dries quickly and is made with a water-resistant formula so that it doesn’t smudge or flake. It also makes for those soft, curled lashes.
- Zara ‘Bright Rose’ Fragrance: I’ve discussed my difficulty with choosing a signature fragrance before in this post, and while I’ve narrowed my search, I still keep a cheaper perfume for everyday, travel, etc. It’s a sure-fire way to not feel guilty for spritzing your way through an entire bottle in a short amount of time. I cannot believe I just discovered Zara’s ‘Bright Rose’ scent (in stores only), which reminds me of a Michael Kors scent I adored years ago. It’s the perfect feminine, sophisticated scent to wear throughout the day. The best part is the large size of the bottle and the $20 price tag!
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: Finding the correct shade of foundation has always been difficult for me; I have such fair skin that often the lightest shade is still too dark. Lancome’s Teint Idole Ultra 24 has made my foundation problems a thing of the past; it’s nice to have finally found my nearly-identical shade (090 IVO N) in a long-lasting, breathable formula.
- RoC Retinol Correxion Sensitive Night Cream: I’ve tried using retinol before, but it always seems to leave my skin red and irritated. This night cream is perfect for retinol beginners and those with sensitive skin like me. It’s never too early to use anti-aging products!
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil Light Light: My skin borders on the oilier side, so I always figured slathering more oil on my face would make matters worse. Wrong! I adore this product and my balanced skin after using it.
- Bite Amuse Bouche Lipstick in ‘Tannin’: This is without-a-doubt the best lipstick I’ve ever purchased; it’s super moisturizing and the color really lasts. The secret behind the lasting color and antioxidant benefits is my favorite: red wine resveratrol!
- Molton Brown Pink Pepperpod Body Wash: Body wash can get a little boring, but this one has spiced up my shower routine. It was the body wash in the hotel we stayed at during our New York trip (Lotte NY Palace Hotel) and I fell in love with its gorgeous, spicy-sweet scent immediately.
- Sephora Brow Enhancer in Matte Light Pink: I admittedly use this pencil in my waterline and the corners of my eyes more than my brow line; it brightens up eyes on those tired mornings when concealer just won’t cut it. Total game-changer.
What were some of your favorite beauty buys of 2016? I’d love to know!